Question
Posted by: worried | 2006/10/25

Irregular periods have me worried

I have a history of cysts on my ovaries and am on the pill and on estrofem because i produce too much testosterone and when i ovulate i (release?) more than one egg. Last month i had my period as usual and everything was fine, and a week after it stopped, i started again. And it wasnt a bit of bleeding either, it was a full-blown period that lasted 6 days. This had me very worried but i could not get an appointment with my gynae as he was fully booked, and when the bleeding stopped i figured i was ok.

Now it has been more than four weeks since the second time i started last month and i still have not gotten my period, im worried! I have all the usual symptoms that its gonna start, slightly swollen tummy, light cramps and my stomach is working overtime, but why haven't i started yet?

Since i started bleeding that second time i stopped using my pills and planned on starting them once i started my period this month. Could i be pregnant?? Is there something else wrong? I really need urgent advice, please!

Pregnancy is a possibility if you stopped contraception. It could also be that your body is adjusting to stopping the Pill.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2006/10/25

Once you stop taking the pill, it can take a few weeks for your hormones to start working again. You can read the gynae top 5 questions above.

Reply to Dee