Posted by: maree | 2008/08/21

irregular periods

i' m a 21 years of old and dont get my periods on a regular basis, i had this problem since i was 15, what do have any advice for me???

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You are probably not ovulating. You should see a gynaecologist to see what the problem is.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: LL | 2008/08/21

You probably have PCOS. Like Stash said, go to your gynae so they can diagnose it and get you on a contraceptive pill to regulate periods.

You arent getting a period becaus eyou most likely do no ovulate - so the egg is never relesed...which can lead to infertility. It cant be cured, only maintained.

Im 26 now and have had it since 13..

Good luck!

Reply to LL
Posted by: Nicky | 2008/08/21

Hi,i' m 21 aswell, i also been having problems with irregular periods, but i used to get my period twice in a month, i went to a gyny and he precribed a contraceptive, its now regulated, visit a gyny is the best advice

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: Stash | 2008/08/21

Hi Maree

Go to a gynae as you have to do a few test. You might have PCOS but go to rule this out. Gynae might start you on contraception to regulate periods, or if you are trying to concieve you will get medication to assist you.

Reply to Stash

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.