Question
Posted by: Worried | 2006/10/26

Irregular Periods

Dear Gynea Doc.

Please help me. Since I first started getting my periods it has been irregular. (This was about 11 - 12 years ago.) After going on Birthcontrol ,when I was in highschool, it seemed to have sorted out the problem. I have not been or BC for years and fell pregnant about 2 years ago. Unfortunately it ended in a misscarriage and my periods were all over the place again. After about a year it sorted itself out again. ( I am not on birthcontrol at the moment) In April I never had a period and now I am 2 weeks late again. I am definately NOT pregnant. Is this something to be worried about? We dont have children and although we are not planning at the moment I just want to know if the fact that me periods are so irregular, does this mean I dont ovulate and how does this affect the fact that we would one day like to have a baby?

VERY WORRIED!!!!

It does sound like you are not ovulating or perhaps only ovulating sometimes. The only way to be sure though is with a blood test. If this is the case, it will affect your chances of pregnancy.

1
Posted by: nicky | 2006/10/26

i was 16 days late,and definetly not pregnant i knew that, but i also want to know the reason why i was this late my periods are also irregular,and i want to have a baby soon, so worried im right the with you girl, lets hope the Dr will answer soon.

Reply to nicky