Question
Posted by: mmg | 2005/12/12

irregular periods

I am taking Triphasil as a birth control. I have my regular periods without any pain within the correct red pills. When it comes to the white ovalation pills I have another set of periods but the discharge is a thick, dark brown colour with pain on the sides. What could be the problem, I have a appointment with my Gynea 12 January, but want to set my mind at ease for the cause...

It could be breakthrough bleeding. Your gynaecologist should check for any problems with your uterus or cervix though. If it is hormonal, you may need a stronger pill.