Question
Posted by: S | 2004/01/27

Irregular periods

Hi Doc , I was on the 2 month injection last year and took my last injection in May last year . I know that the injection is normally a contraception that takes up to 9 months to work out , however , how long does it take for a normal period to start . I'm still experiencing irregular periods and my GP said that a normal period should start approximately six months after the last injection . I had a period on the 5th of Jan 04 and it lasted 7 days . I then had another period on the 18th of Jan and I'm currently still spotting . So basically , I only had 1 week of not bleeding . But this has happened before as well . I'm trying to conceive but don't think that it's possible with my situation as I think you can only conceive with regular periods , is this so ? . I visited my gynae in Dec last year and he okayed me . And on this day , he could see on the scan that I was ovulating , this should be a good sign I think .... but I think I'm ovulating too much . Maybe I should just leave it up to the man above to decide ...... Thank you and awaiting on your response .

The injectable thins out the womb lining and this can cause the irregular bleeding even if you are ovulating. I would suggest that you give it a bit more time.