Question
Posted by: Jay | 2003/12/19

Irregular period then spotting & nada now - am i pregnant ?

The longest cycle i had between periods was when i went off the pill in July, it was 30 days, thereafter between 18-24 days. In October i spotted for 9 days (14-22) & November i spotted again for 9 days (10-19). I got fustrated at having irregular cycles & decided to go back on the pill but i was only on it for 2 weeks & then decided to rather stay off it, if we have a baby - its meant to be. I was spotting for a week after going off it (24-30 Nov). Today is the 19 December & i still havent got my periods. From which ever date i calculate, im alittle late ... right?
Im not sure what pregnancy signs i would say im having, if any as they differ from person to person. (What are the systoms for the 1st few weeks)?
Ive also been told that becoz i was on the pill for 11 years, it takes about 2 months for each year to work out of your system but then again ive been told that the return to fertility is immediate, which is it now?
So many myths in this world ...
Please tell me if there is a possibility that i could be pregnant or should i just wait awhile before doing a test ?
If you also have time to answer my other few questions it would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

If you stopped the Pill and then spotted from the 24th November, then you are not really late. However, if you only took the Pill for two weeks you would not have been covered in terms of contraception. It is always difficult to know whether you might be pregnant if your periods are irregular. The only way to be sure is to do a pregnancy test. Symptoms of pregnancy are not reliable as they vary so much and many women do not have any symptoms.
The average return to fertility after stopping the Pill is 3 months, irrespective of how long you have been on it.

1
Posted by: Lynn | 2003/12/19

I've been off the pill since 13 Sept and i had my period....however on the 12 Oct i got my period and then on the 7 Nov and not long after that on the 4 Dec....i would like to know what is going on and if i'm pregnant or not?Plse give me advise.....

Reply to Lynn