Question
Posted by: meg | 2003/12/10

Irregular period after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage in September, I got my period exactly 35 days after the day of the miscarriage, which started with a few days of spotting and then 5 days of normal flow. But now this month I am already on day 40 since the first day of the spotting and no sign of my period. I had a clear slippery discharge about 15 days ago which I thought was ovulation. I only had unprotected sex just after my period and then again on Sunday which was long after when I should have ovulated so think pregnancy is unlikely. Is it normal for your cycle to be disrupted for a few months after a miscarriage. My cycle is normally very regular and 35 days long.

Your cycle can be disrupted afte a miscarriage but, if you had unprotected sex, you should exclude prenancy. Ovulation does not always occur at the expected time.