Question
Posted by: Nancy | 2007/04/18

Irregular menses

Hi there,

We've been ttc for 3 years. I have one functional fallopian tube, my AF is very irregular - haven't had it for 2 months. Did a blood test and it came out negative. For the last 3 weeks my breasts have been very tender and larger than usuall - what could be the problem?.

Dear Nancy

The most likely problem is ovulatory dysfunction that is no ovulation and this may be accompanied by the presence of an ovarian cyst. It is important to have a pelvic ultrasound scan done at this stage. However, other problems may include thyroid malfunction or raised prolactin levels as well. It may be advisable to see a fertility specialist and start the program of ovulation induction more especially since there is only one functional fallopian tube.