Posted by: Anon | 2007/12/06

Irregular cycle

I am currently menstruating every two weeks. I read that fibroids might be the cause? How do doctors pick up on these things and how do you get rid of it?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Fibroids can be picked up on an internal examination or a scan. Surgery is necessary to get rid of them.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: mm | 2007/12/06

hi anon, u hav 2 go 4 a scan. pls note that fibroids can be removed.i had mine removed about 2months ago and it was very big-size of an 18wks foetus.fortunately with me, my menstruations were normally.pls get a 2nd/3rd opinion b4 resuming with any op.the 1st gyna i visited insisted on doing a hysterectomy (removing your womb-meaning you wont be able to bear kids).i suggest that you consult now cos fibroids can also cause problems.gud luck

Reply to mm

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.