Question
Posted by: Bloated | 2003/12/08

Irregular bowel movement

I have been having problems for a while now. I started a diet assuming it would get better but it has not. I have tried herbal laxatives but it just makes my stomach sore and runny. I am also scared to take anything incase my body gets used to it. My diet consists of protein fruit and veg. If I still want to stay on the diet what can I do to get more regular?Can I add something to my diet or take medicine that I will not depend on?

Bloated, you can add honey to your diet, or if you’re scared of picking up weight, lactulose (Duphalac®, Lacson®, Laxette®). It will make your stools softer and easier to pass without any chance of dependency or side effects. Good luck.