Question
Posted by: xxx | 2004/10/19

Irregular and Intense waves of pain from back through front

I've been off the pill for about 4 months and haven't had a period in that time. Yesterday evening I began to experience waves of pain starting in my lower back and washing toward my front where I used to get period pains. (The reason I began the pill.)
In the past period pains took place a few hours at most before bleeding. It's now been 14 hours so not sure if it's that.

To describe the pain would be similar to stiffness experienced after using new muscles. The pains continued through the night and woke up with a sore neck, sore lower back muscles and still no period. But when I push on my uterus it feels tender.

Is it possible that I will get a much heavier period now that I've missed some time and why is it taking so long to surface?

Will def go to the Medi Clinic after work if this persists but it comes and goes and each time I pick up the phone to make an appointment, I feel like a hypocondriac.

It sounds like severe dysmenorhoea. Make that appointment for a check-up