Question
Posted by: FA | 2004/01/13

Irratating pain on right side below the rib cage

Hi, I am a 20 year old female with the most annoying pain on the right side of my body just below/behind my rib cage. It feels like my ribs on that side is consistantly presssing down on something that causes alot of discomfort for me especially after long periods of being seated. Sometimes it feels like there is not enough space in my body for all my organs. The pain is not very intenese its more of a discomfort than anything else, what could be causing this?
Thank you!

FA, it sounds like it might be due to your liver or gallbladder. It might also be due to your stomach or kidney, but it can’t say from this side of the screen. The best would be to see your doctor and also to have an ultrasound done. Good luck.