Question
Posted by: Sasha | 2006/11/02

Iron Tablets

Hello
A while ago I was given tablets for low blood pressure. I was taking this in conjunction with Ferrous Sulphate, as I felt that I had a lack of iron in my body. I started feeling better. I stopped taking the low blood pressure medication but continued with the iron pills. They are now finished and I am feeling the same as I was before. Is it normal or rather can I continue taking these ferrous sulphate or iron pills or do I need to see a doctor for an underlying problem.

Dear Sasha
Rather see your doctor - too much iron is very bad for the liver.