Question
Posted by: RDK | 2004/10/29

IRON DEFICIENCY AT 5 WEEKS

Hi Everyone
When I got my blood test results yesterday it confirmed that I was 5weeks pregnant. It also showed that I have a slight iron deficiency. What would be the best source of iron for me right now? At least my progesterone levels are fine - I was a bit worried about that. Also, I have been getting period like cramps in my lower abdomen and yesterday I had a runny tummy. Today its just a little bit crampy though and I only ran to the loo once so far this morning so I hope it's getting better. What should I be eating lots of now? When I told my doctor about this she said that I shouldnt have any wheat so I'm staying away from that for now. Are the above symptoms normal or should I have it checked out. Please advise. Thanks

Spinach and leafy green vegetables are good sources of iron. You should also take iron supplements. The runny tummy may just be a viral gastro. If it resolves that is fine.

1
Posted by: WS | 2004/10/29

Hi! Congratulations!!! What was your progesterone levels before Clomid and what was it when you fell pregnant?

Reply to WS