Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2005/06/23

Iron Deficiency

Hi there,

I am 4 months pregnant and have a iron count of 9. I was told at the clinic that I am anemic. I have permanent headaches that start when I get up in the morning till I go sleep. I am very tired during the day. I am also a working mom of two children aged 1year 8 months & 7 years. I got iron supplements from the clinic that I drinf twice a day. I want to know what my iron count should be and how I can get rid of my fatigue and headaches.

I also want to know from what time will we be able to see what the sex of the baby is.

RGDS
Lisa

The tiredness will improve as the iron comes up. By iron count, I presume that you mean Haemoglobin. You should get this up to at least 11.
The sex of the baby can be seen form 16 weeks depending on the position of the baby.