Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2003/12/22

Iregular Periods.

I'm 21, My periods are very irregular, last month I was more than a week late, thought I might be pregnant and the HPT was negative, a day after I did the test my period started. Is it something I do that cause my periods to be this irregular, can stress cause this. What can i do to be more regular besides going on the pill. Can it be normal to be this irregular. PLEASE HELP!!

You may have irregular periods because you are not ovulating. There could also be a problem with the uterus or cervix. I would suggest that you have a chcek-up with a gynaecologist to exclude any serious problems. If it is hormonal, the Pill would be a good idea as you do need the hormones that you would be lacking otherwise.