Question
Posted by: BIki | 2011/09/14

Ipubrufen and ttc

Good day doc,
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for more that 2 years. We are currently undergoing fertility treatments.

I have recently heard that Ipubrufen is a no no druing preconception. Is this true?

Also is there other no go''s during the ttc phase.

Thank you for your help
Biki

Dear Blki

We usually advised that the use of Ibuprofen and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs be avoided as they may inhibit ovulation. There are many other no goes in different types of fertility treatments and those would depend on what type of fertility treatment that you are undergoing. They are not all the same for all the types of treatment and I would recommend that you discuss this with your fertility doctor. There are however general things to avoid such as alcohol, smoking, leading a healthy lifestyle and having a good diet. As a general rule try and avoid all medications that are not necessary.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/09/21

Dear Blki

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert