Question
Posted by: BZ'S Mommy | 2005/12/13

Ipradol

My son was born at 37 weeks and my daughter at 35 weeks. I was given Ipradol from 34 weeks because thats when I went into labour. I was hospitilised to keep her in but my water started leaking and had to have an emergency caesarian.

Now I'm 33 weeks preggies with another son. My check-up will be on Thursday and doc wants to give me Ipradol to make sure I don't go into early labour again. I have a planned caesarian for the 16 January 06 at 37 weeks.

Would it be safe to take this medication so long before his birth date? Does it have any affect on baby?

Thanking You.

Ipradol does not work well as a prevention. It works well if you are actually in labour. If your cervix has not shortened, I would not think it necessary to use it as there are side effects.