Question
Posted by: Angel | 2004/10/18

Iodine

I'm allergic to iodine. So i can't eat any foods or vitamins that consist of iodine. I'm feeling very tired, have poor consentration and have trouble with my weight. What type of foods and vitamins can i replace the iodine with that would have the same effect that iodine would have given the body?

Dear Angel
I am sorry to hear about this problem. Iodine is a so-called trace element which cannot be replaced by any other nutrient. I would, however, recommend that you have your thyroid hormone levels checked because you may have an underactive thyroid due to lack of iodine in the diet. The dr will be able to prescribe thyroid hormone to improve this situation and your symptoms.