Question
Posted by: Kym | 2005/07/25

Inverted uterus??

I just went to see my doctor and discovered that my womb is in the wrong place. She did mention that me falling pregnant niow will be extra hard. I also suffer from POCS and endometriosis. I'm also on my second month of clomid.

Is this an inverted uterus? What can they do?

Are should I just give up TTC?

Please help

It may be that your uterus is retroverted. This is not a particular problem. The PCOS and endometriosis are more likely to cause problems with falling prgenant.

3
Posted by: Sparks | 2005/07/25

Hi Kym

I also have a retroverted uterus. Basically it means that it leans toward your pelvic bone instead of away. Dr says it makes things slightly more difficult but advised that I lie on my tummy after intercourse instead of on my back to encourage the little guys to swim in the right direction.

Sparks

Reply to Sparks
Posted by: Kym | 2005/07/25

I had the full house of test done earlier this year. They have done a lap., a test to see if my tubes are blocked (which they are not) and any other test they could think of. So now it is just a matter of getting the clomid to work.

Is it just me or does any one else feel like you take one step forward and ten back. :-(

Reply to Kym
Posted by: breez | 2005/07/25

She's wrong - fertility specialist said it makes no difference if you have a retrovert uterus. The endo and PCOS will make things more difficult. Are they being dealt with. have your insulin levels been checked. They can influence PCOS. What is happening about the Endo. Are they just leaving it or will you have a Lap???

Reply to breez