Question
Posted by: RDK | 2004/11/05

INVERTED NIPPLES - PLEASE HELP!

Morning
I forgot to mention last time that I also have what the gynae described as very bad nipples for suckling. They are totally inverted and the only time they peak a little bit is after a shower and sometimes when I'm aroused. He's given me a chamomile cream that I have to rub onto it and he also showed me how to physically push, pull and pinch them out with the hands. I tried it that night but I didnt like forcing it and I cant see myself doing this to my breasts every night. It's quite painful too cos my breasts are very tender. Surely there must be another way I can bring them out. Last night hubby wanted to do it, but I wasnt in the mood. Any suggestions and alternatives?

I agree with Rene and Purple.

3
Posted by: Kate | 2004/11/05

My mother breastfed my brother and I with an inverted nipple. You can also get nipple cups that aid women with inverted nipples.

All that pushing and pulling sound horrible - don't stress yourself out doign that!

Good luck!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/05

I agree with Rene, definitely see a lactation consultant. Make an appointment now while you are still pregnant.

Many women have succesfully fed with inverted nipples.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Rene | 2004/11/05

I suggest you chat to a lactation consultant in your area. She will be able to give you some good advice and also support you when you start to breastfeed.

Good Luck.
Rene

Reply to Rene