Question
Posted by: Yolandie | 2007/02/22

Inverted nipples and funny nose smell

Dear Doc
I have always had inverted nipples and feel very ashamed of my breasts. I am currently on a diet to loose 30 kgs and promised myself to have a breast lift after I lost the weight. I just want to know if something can be done about my inverted nipples. Can a plastic surgeon fix it?

2nd question. I had a nose operation to straighten my nose in September last year. Since December I have had this awful smell coming from my nose. It smells like when a sore festers. If I put my finger in my nostrils and take it out my finger smells bad. I don't know where this smell is coming from but it is bothering me. Do you think I should go back to the doctor? What could it be?

Hallo Yolandie
Yes the plastic surgeon should be able to fix this.
You may have a chronic sinus infection causing the smell - please let your dr have a look before it spreads. Ask him to take a swab of your nose and send it to the lab for MCS to identify the bacteria.