Posted by: Sima | 2009/01/13

intwaso (emerging traditional healer)

How does one know that he/she has to be an emerging traditional healer (ukuthwasa) I have went to so many traditional healers (isangoma/ igqirha) about six (6) (Zulus &  Xhosas) to be excat and none of these mentioned anythng about ukuthwasa. The last sangoma (Swazi) I went to told me my grandmother wants me to be a traditional healer / (ufuna ndithwase) This was towards the end of December but now my question is this out of all these sangomas I went why only one has seen this sangoma thing?? She also told me that i wont be able to fall pregnant as the ancestors are so powerful.

I went to these sangomas becuase I have a problem with my periods from the year 2000, they are abnormal, very heavy, severe pain comes maybe three of four times a year and lasts for about two weeks, cant even go to work when Im on my periods, cant even concive. I have been to about five gynaecologists but they are not helping even the most expensive treatment that they prescribe does not stop these menses.

My question is this now, are sangomas always tell the truth or should I say know what one' s supposed to do / ?? This is frustrating me I dont know what to do as I dont see myself doing this sangoma thing. what should i do and pla i' d glad if you can answer all my questions.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I understand and respect your question --- and maybe other readers, from their personal experiences and knowledge, can give you a good answer, but it is not a psychiatric question.
I'm not sure that it is unusual, if you visit many sangomas ( or any other kind of expert, even a plumber ) that you find they are not in complete agreement. They each tend to see things slightly differently. They may all be telling the truth, but may be noticing or seeing different areas of the truth, or at least telling you what they believe to be true, even if they are mistaken. No specialist, medical or sangoma, is infallible, and always right about everything
I wonder what the gynaecologists you saw ( do ask out H24 gynaedoc, too ) diagnosed, as it sounds as though something like fibroids could be responsible for such symptoms, and could be helped by careful surgery.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.