Posted by: Coral | 2008/10/22

Introducing dry food to kitten

At what age should my kitten get his injections. Do these injections cover feline leukaemia or is this a separate injection? He is currently 7 weeks old. At what age can he be introduced to dry food. He is currently only feeding on wet food? Do I stick to a combination of dry and wet or should I go onto dry food only as I' m told wet food is not good for a cats teeth. Should I be giving him milk –  understand most cats don’ t tolerate it? Should he be neutered at 6 months or can this be done earlier?

Dear Coral

Vaccs at 8 and 12 weeks, leukemia is included in a combination vaccs. Start with dry food in a week or so, slow introduction over time. Best to be on a very good quality dry food. Neuterering at 6 months.