Question
Posted by: Mary-Ann | 2004/11/19

Intimidation by antisocial lunatics

I worked with this woman 2 yrs ago and left the company. She was had up for theft and got a suspended sentence. The company closed down. To cut the long story short she has harassed and intimidated me ever since. (Incidentally, I had nothing to do with her being caught for theft/fraud). This woman and her husband have continuously sent their friends to my home, my kids schools, my work. When I go to work or come home from work they harass me on the road by following me. They even followed me to the shops, etc.

Its all very well saying I should take legal action but surely i would need 100% proof to prove its them. Its not my style to have the husband hurt (and why should I lower myself to their level). I have ignored for so long but I am really losing my patience. How would you deal with this. She definitely suffers from anti-social personality disorder. The woman was pure evil (a bully) when I worked with her but enough is enough. The biggest joke of all is that I am not scared of her or him but they are invading my privacy. Please give me your views on how to deal with people like this. Should I just carry on ignoring or take the matter further?

I'm sure you can get an interdict without "100 % proof", because the interdict system couldn't work if it relied on such a requirement. And an interdict wouldn't harm them in the least, so long as they simply went on with their own lives, and didn't annoy you or interfere in yours. It souldn't require any major or lengthy court proceedings. Of you can get one or two friends to accompany you or follow you discretely and witness these actions you describe, so they can terstify to it, too, so much the better.

7
Posted by: Jackie | 2004/11/19

Hi Mary - Ann

These people are not sane. As much as I can see you are not afraid of them, just be a bit careful. When people are crazy like that, who knows what they can get up to. Make sure you know where your children are at all times, and that you keep your doors locked etc. Sorry, I am not trying to frighten you but what these people are doing is not normal.

Take care

Reply to Jackie
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/19

Hopefully they will get tired soon, and find themselves a new game to play.... Are you going on holiday in December? At least that will give you a bit of a break.

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Mary-Ann | 2004/11/19

They park outside my work and "glare" at me. (I'm supposed to shiver and get scared). Or they zip out of a side street and come right up behind me (supposedly to show me they are so clever in traffic). I have never come across such childish individuals in all my life. Believe me, I am not imagining that they are following me because most of the time they show me they are following me to deliberately make me angry. I confronted one guy parked on the corner one day and asked him why he keeps following me. He nearly died of fright (typical spineless bully) and then he said that he's just a friendly guy. So he didn't deny following me. What a wuss. They supposed to be such big brass "men" but what a bunch of wimps when confronted face to face.

Reply to Mary-Ann
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/19

When they follow you, do the talk to you, or do they just leave when you reach your destination? Strange....

Reply to Mona
Posted by: G | 2004/11/19

simple a restraining order is what you need

Reply to G
Posted by: Mary-Ann | 2004/11/19

Thats just it!! I dont know what her problem is. I have always felt that she envied me and I still feel that she does. The woman definitely has a problem which i feel stems from her childhood. The way she bullied everyone at work was disgusting. Especially if the females were young, pretty and sexy. You cannot believe the things this woman got up to and because she was part of management she got away with her appalling behaviour. I don't know if she's looking for attention. If you knew her, it wouldn't surprise you that she's harassing me. She's doing it just because she can and because I haven't taken further steps against her. Quite frankly, I really cannot be bothered going through the whole rigmaral of instituting legal action against her but it looks as though I will have to.

Reply to Mary-Ann
Posted by: K | 2004/11/19

What do they actually want from you?

You could get an interdict, admittedly a piece of paper won't stop them harrassing but it may scare them a little.

Reply to K