Question
Posted by: ethel | 2007/12/11

Internal wounds

Dear Doctor

Can Gord or Gerd cause "internal wounds" to the esophagus?. After I had a barium swallow I saw the report said there was substantial "internal wounds" to the esophagus.

Manythanks

Dear Ethel
Yes, it can. The inside of the esophagus ( the lining) is not the same as the inside of your stomach and can be burnt and develop ulcers if stomach acid comes into contact with it. This can eventually lead to a condition called Barretts esophagitis which can lead to cancer if not managed.

1
Posted by: Jaenine | 2008/05/28

Will you PLEASE supply me with information regarding this disease. I've been diagnosed with this yesterday 27/05/2008

Reply to Jaenine