Question
Posted by: KL | 2005/12/12

Internal scan

My first scan is scheduled for this coming Thursday. Because I am only about 5 weeks Pregnant, I assume this will be an internal scan. Can an internal scan cause a miscarriage? I've had 2 miscarriages before, and every time a day or so after the internal scan. Is this coincidence?

The internal scan will not cause a miscarriage. Most miscarriages occur between 6-8 weeks, so it is a coincidence that you had the internal scan just before the miscarriage.

2
Posted by: Lou | 2005/12/13

I HAD INTERNAL SCANS TWICE IN MY PREGNANCY, THE FIRST ON 6 WEEKS AND THE SECOND ON 10 WEEKS WITH NO PROBLEMS. TODAY I AM 5 MONTHS PREGNANT. MAYBE SUGGEST TO DR THAT YOU PREFER NORMAL SCAN. IT MIGHT JUST HAVE BEEN COINCIDENCE, BUT RATHER BE SAFE THAN SORRY!

Reply to Lou
Posted by: Karen | 2005/12/12

I started bleeding immediately after a NORMAL scan I had at 13½ weeks (13 weeks and 3 days to be exact). I lost my baby 5 days later at 14 weeks and 1 day).

Reply to Karen