Question
Posted by: Trish | 2007/12/06

Intermittent Runny Tummy

Hello Doctor

For that two months or so I have a runny tummy with a slight tummy cramp that is intermitent. It would last for about a day and then disappear. A week or two later the same symptoms appear again. I have monitoring what I have been eating and drinking during this period and could not pin point anything that would upset my tummy. My husband has also been having anal sex with me for the past year. He use KY jelly. Could this not have an affect on my tummy?

Dear Trish
No I don't think the KY jelly would cause any problems unless you use big volumes. Ask your doctor to send a sample of the stool to the lab to see whether you have an infection ( parasite infections sometimes do this)