Posted by: Ninja 2 | 2009/07/20

interfering grandparent

my mom keeps running me down to my children her and I have a bad relationship due to her constant interference. she lives next door to me I was widowed 8 years . she goes against every rule i make, this is affecting my kids. can i legally stop her.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Advice may or may not be welcome, but runing down any parent to their children, or in front of their children, is unjustifiable. Pity that she lives next door to you -- do you have any option of moving ? I don't know about options for legal action, you'd need to get a legalopinion about that. Maybe there's a free law clinic at your nearest law school where you could check.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: sTEPHANIE | 2009/07/21

SOrry but my response is actually supposed to be a question of my own .... my apologies ....

Reply to sTEPHANIE
Posted by: Stephanie | 2009/07/21

I am a manager of a department at a legal firm. There is a woman who works with me (let' s call her trouble maker) who goes out of her way to incite the young staff (mostly young black ladies) against me. I had an incident two weeks ago that I asked of the ladies to do something, she just sat at grinned at me, clicked her tongue and said something in her language that I could not understand. I again gave her an instruction, which she ignored. I raised my voice at her and told her that I was sick of her bad attitude. I went to the head of the department and he called a meeting with this young lady. In the meeting she told my boss that this other woman (trouble maker) told her that I am not her boss, would never be her boss and that she does not have to listen to me. My superior then said he would take it up with trouble maker, which he has failed to do. I have had problems with this other woman since I started working here. Each of the assistants I had, I had problems with - they refused to take instructions from me, bad-mouthed me behind my back to other staff members. There is a common denominator in all the incidents and it is this woman - she is a sly, devious and malicious gossip - she will do anything in her power to turn people against me! It was so bad at one stage - I had an assistant who drank wine at work and refused to assist with my work, that I had to threaten the bosses that I would resign if they did not move my assistant to another department, which they did! I started working at the firm long after trouble maker and have achieved a lot more over the years than she has! She was a team-leader at one stage, but has been " stripped"  off her team-leader title due to her bad attitude and pure laziness. I am not sure whether she is jealous of me as I am now the manager of the department or what her problem with me could be! I can see by the attitudes of the young black staff working under me when she has cornered them and gossiped. Another manager (also a black lady) confirmed to my boss that trouble maker gossips about the managers to all and sundry and bad-mouths the CEO and her directors, but nothing gets done about it. Is there no law that protects staff members against this type of behaviour? My husband says I should just ignore her and not allow her to see that it makes me angry ... what to do? Throttle her maybe?

Reply to Stephanie

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.