Question
Posted by: annie | 2004/01/09

Interested in this practice

Dear Doc

I'm 21 year old lady and go to a Chiro practor every now and again for 2 years now. I have lower back pain (sometimes also feel in in my hip and leg) I still don't know what cause it and how to get it better. It does help when I go to the Chiropractor but it only feels better for a while........ Anyway maybe you have something to say on this but what I acutally wanted to ask is
Where can I go study for a Chiropractor and how many years do I have to study? I'm living in PTA
Since my back hurt so much I'm very interested in becoming a Chiropractor myself and help people with problems like mine.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Annie
You can study Chiropractic at either the Wits Technikon or at the Durban Institute of Technology. The duration of the course is 6 years with a Masters Degree in Chiropractic being awarded. The course is full time. Hope this helps and call our offices on 058 3034571 for more information.