Question
Posted by: Mena | 2003/12/22

Intercourse while pregnant

I am +/- 27 weeks pregnant. Is it safe for my husband ( who is normally twice my mass) to lie on top of me (specifically on my tummy) during intercourse?

You should not lie flat on your back at this stage. If you alter your position slightly and this is comfortable for you, there should be no problem. The pressure on your stomach would not be harmful.

2
Posted by: Mena | 2003/12/29

Thanks Doc and Kate for your responses
I was wondering how long can one actually lie on one's back without it being dangerous to the baby?
Also, to the other preggies out there, I don't know about you guys but at this stage I actually find it more awkward to be on top as I need more energy (which I don't have) when I'm on top.
Any one else feel that way????

Reply to Mena
Posted by: Kate | 2003/12/22

No, the best position is with you on top. Don't let anyone or anything squash you tummy!

And you should not be lying on your back at this stage.

Reply to Kate