Question
Posted by: Frightened | 2004/01/09

Intercourse before period

Hi all

The other night my girlfriend and I had unprotected sex the night before she started her period . She is on the pill but the problem is she forgot to take the pill that night , i dont know if it makes a difference but it was one of the red pills(the last 4 pills in the pack) and i was told that if u miss one of those pills it isnt a real train smash. She also took the morning after pill the next day. All i want to know is , if there is a good chance that my girlfriend might fall pregnant

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Frightened

Don't worry! The morning after pill is very effective. Your girlfriend must just next time remember to take her pills! I know we sometimes forget, but put the pills next 2 her toothbrush that she takes them after brushing her teeth. Let's be honest we nearly never forget 2 brush our teeth and if she has there is a lower risk of you kissing her, and consequently a lower risk of you 2 sleeping together.

T

2
Posted by: Kaatjie | 2004/01/11

As she took the morning after pill, I would say there is next to no chance of her getting pregnant. Although this is only a small comfort: I warn you NOT to play around with the morning after pill. If possible, make it so that this is the last time she ever has to take it.

Also, if she has been fairly regular with her Pill taking, then you can pretty much ease your worrying. The 4 Pills at the end are placebos, and don't do anything )other than ease the onslaught of hormones into your body), thereby forcing a period.

So you are off the hook. Just please please please be careful next time. I'm going through this very scare myself.

Reply to Kaatjie
Posted by: a | 2004/01/09

No

Reply to a