Question
Posted by: Lauren | 2007/08/15

Intercourse and Vulvitis

Hi Gyenae Doc

I have been diagnosed with Vulvitis. I have almost constant burning and pain (no itching). Tests all came back negative for any infection. I think this is something I'm going to have to live with and learn to manage.

Sex is not really too painful. Is it OK to have sex with a condition like this. I'm really afraid of the implications on my relationship.

Also, all the creams that have been prescribed just do not work, if anything they make the symptoms worse. When I was younger I used Zinc creams for irritations. Is this safe to use now?

Many thanks, I'm quite desperate
Lauren

You should be able to have sex if there is no infection. Try the Zinc cream. It would not do any harm.