Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2007/06/11

Intercourse after Ovidrel injection

I taking clomid tomorrow (12/06/2007 - day 5) and on day 12 I am getting an Ovidrel injection to help me fall pregnant. Pls advise if I should use LH kits to help predict intercourse? This is my second cycle of Ovidrel and would like to know when would be the best time to have intercourse to maximise my chances.
Another question is could I ovulated abit later than the 2 day window when using Ovidrel?

Dear Michelle

When using ovidrel it is not necessary to combine the use of LH testing kits. Therefore it is important that the timing of the ovidrel be precise and in keeping with follicular measurements as established by ultrasound scanning. If ovidrel is used on immature follicles this may infact result in premature lutenisation of follicles and hence ovulation may not occur normally. It is usually advised to have intercourse approximately 40 hours after the ovidrel injection and as frequently as possible thereafter for at least the next day or two.

2
Posted by: Michelle | 2007/06/14

Hi Mella,

After switching doctors twice, I am currently seeing a gynae in the Pta region.
Check with your gynae, maybe he would be able to help you. Good luck. :-)

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: mella | 2007/06/12

hi and good luck i just need to ask you where is the best place to go for this type of pregnantce

Reply to mella