Posted by: Curious | 2008/10/05

Intention Tremor in Multiple Sclerosis?

I am wondering whether I have an intention tremor in my left hand. Whenever I try to turn the pages of a magazine or book using my left hand, my thumb starts shaking to the extent where I am forced to use my right hand instead.

I also cannot carry a coffee mug or water jug in my left hand anymore because of the way my hand shakes whenever my thumb moves towards my forefinger. Is this an intention tremor?

Pulling out weeds has also become a problem. When I go down on my haunches for longer than 10 minutes at a time, I cannot walk (or even stand) for a few minutes after rising, without holding onto a wall for support, because of the way my legs shake and my knees jerk.

Thank you for visiting

An intention tremor occurs when you try to grab something and your hand and arm begin to shake. This is a symptom found in people with Parkinsons Disease or other degenerative brain diseases. It is unusual to experience intention tremors only on one side of your body.

If you want this properly examined, I recommend that you have a CT scan of your brain taken.

As far as the haunches go, it is perfectly normal, depending on your level of fitness and suppleness.

Kind regards