Question
Posted by: Ekke | 2004/10/08

Intense Neck and shoulder pains!

I am 27 years old, and female. One doctor had X-rays of my shoulder and neck, but found nothing wrong with any of my bones.

I have been in 2 minor car accidents yes, with no injuries because of it, and I also had some incidents while I was still a long-distance athlete.

I also had a series of operations this year, and after the last one, I noticed that my back and shoulder has been aching even more, and I was told that I might have been man-handled roughly during that last operation, causing me to experience the pain to my shoulder and back.

I always sleep on my back or sides, with sufficient support, never hold telephones between my shoulder and ear, and make doubly sure to check my position when I am at my desk.

The pain seems to be getting worse in cold or wet weather.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

I would strongly recommend a visit to a chiropractor. X/Rays do not necessarily always reveal bio-mechanical trouble-spots. A chiropractic examination could assist in identifying the underlying cause of your discomfort.