Question
Posted by: CL | 2003/02/18

Insulin Resistance & PCOS

Can you recommend a medical dietician who deals with Polcystic Ovaries and Insulin Resistance. All the diets & dieticians I have tried so far have failed. I was told that I need to see someone very specilaised because of my condition.

Dear CL
I can only refer you to the clinical dietitian register (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings). Ask the person who mans the service for a dietitian who specialises in this condition. I trust that you are also being treated by a physician, gynae or endocrinologist? If not, then please ask your gp to refer you to such a specialist.