Question
Posted by: Mumta | 2003/12/10

INSULIN RESISTANCE AND PREGNANCY

How does insulin resistance prevent you from falling pregnant?

Insulin resistance as part of polycystic ovarian syndrome can interfere with ovulation and thus prevent pregnancy.

1
Posted by: Kippie | 2003/12/11

Hi Mumta
You should consult your doctor to make an informed decision and we will see what the gynaedoc says, but in my experience I was on glucophage for almost 2 years and I largely think that this has also helped me in falling pregnant so soon after being on nuristerate for 10months.
As soon as I fell pregnant - at 5 w the gynae had me tested to see if I should turn to insulin shots as the glucophage was not suitable seeing that it crosses the placenta. Tests came back that it is not necessary and that I should control the insulin by adjusting my diet (which I find difficult to do, but so far, no problems)
At the end you and I cannot make the right choices and you should definitely consult

Reply to Kippie