Question
Posted by: Margaret Bea | 2002/12/04

Insulin lock

My partner is obese, spends most of his live travelling and just seems to look at food and puts on weight which I think is genetically inherited maternally. As it is really important for me to try and address this situation immediately, please, please can you give me dietary information. There is so much conflicting information around my head is in a tizz and I do wholeheartedly believe the right diet can make a crucial difference. My partner is currently on blood pressure tablets as well.

Dear Margaret
I can understand that you feel desperate. Your partner needs to lose weight AND start doing some exercise. If you click on 'Diet & Food' and 'Weight Loss' you will find many articles about how to treat obesity and what works and what does not. Also click on 'Slimming Diet' for an example of a low-fat, high-fibre diet which will help for the obesity and high bp. But you should try and persuade your partner to get active. Ask Fitness Doc for a programme of exercises that will help and which he can do even when he is travelling.