Question
Posted by: alta | 2004/01/17

insulin intolerence

I realy battle to lose wight and know I am insulin intolerend. At the moment I dont know what to eat and try to eat as little as possible but I am gaining weight by the day I am 33 years old with 2 children. I always feel tired and have no energy at all. Unfortunally I am also a smoker. I need help to eat the correct way. In my family there is diabetes. Please help me to just feel like a normal person again. Because I always feel if I dont get any sleep I am very (Kort van draad), and this is not my personallity so I know something is wrong

Dear Alta
The reason why you battle to lose weight is due to the insulin resistance. I ALWAYS advise all patients with insulin resistance and/or diabetes to consult a clinical dietitian as the dietitian will have to work out a specific diet for your condition which takes all your individual factors into account (age, weight, overweight, activity, type of medication, etc). Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. You will benefit greatly from such a consultation because in the case of insulin resistance or diabetes, the correct diet is the most important aspect of your treatment.