Question
Posted by: Lonestar | 2004/12/02

Inspiration

dd, recluse and others,

I have recently received an e-mail from someone with a nice story-line. Because the story is quite lengthy and will subsequently take up a lot of space I would like to share the crux of that with all.

In life we have two choices, either to be in a good mood or in a bad mood. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control and will make us sad, however you again have two choices, you can either choose to be the victim of that or choose to learn from that experience.

You choose how to live your life
You choose how people will affect your mood
You choose to be in a good mood or not
It is your choice how you live your life!

Life is all about choices and yes sometimes life is unfair too. However, we have to see our trials and tribulations as a learning curve.

As for myself, it was not always easy, but I have made it thanks to a great support network. I now look back onto those dark periods in my life and thank God that I've chosen (then) to carry on.

My motto in life is: This too will pass -

It did indeed!!

Regards,
LS

Nice to hear from you Lonestar, and with excellent advice. Yes, these things do pass, even if at the time that seems utterly impossible to believe.
And Me --- of course, We all get into dark holes at times, and have the personal responsibility to climb out of them --- but medication, and the expert help, are the ladders we can use to help us manage the climb successfully. Doesn't do away with the need to do some hard climbing, but does make it a whole lot more productive !

5
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/02

Why not!? I'm on Effexor, & a higher than normal dosage too, & I see a shrink every 2 weeks. My dark hole is mine & I'm not sharing it with anyone!!! Just kidding Me... of-course medication is helpful, we often hear the benefits of it.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Lonestar | 2004/12/02

Hi Me,

Surely some situations need more than just sheer willpower and choice. We're all different human beings and react differently to traumatic events or setbacks in our lives. Some of us have a biochemical inbalance that will need medication to control it, however it remains our choice whether we want to be helped with medication or stay in denial and fall into the deep dark pit.

Good luck and yes, it is not always moonlight and roses.

LS

Reply to Lonestar
Posted by: me | 2004/12/02

Is it okay with you lot above if some of us require medication and help from a professional to climb out of our dark holes?

Reply to me
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/02

Lonestar!!!

I think every body needs to hear that right now. It's not so much hearing it, it's practising it, and believing a couple of words such as these can change ones life in a few minutes.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/02

Well said LS, & thank you.

Sometimes I guess all we have is just our faith in that things will eventually turn around. That I feel is what we need to hang onto as tight as we can... Faith, lovely thing that, & we decide where to put our faith.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun