Question
Posted by: Brendon | 2008/01/22

Insomnia symptoms

Hi, just needed to ask a question which is medication specific. I've been on Zetomax for hypertension now for about a week, I was taken off Adco-Retic because it did not seem to help. The Zetomax worked almost instantly, within two days I was in the pre-hypertension zone but by Saturday I started experience sleeping problems, currently I've only been able to sleep for about 7 hours over two days. I noticed on the web that insomnia seems to be a relatively common complaint with Zetomax and other Lisinopril based pills. Will my body adjust to the pills and get back to a normal routine, should I take sleeping pills or maybe change my medication again?

Brendon

Hallo Brendon
Zetomax can cause insomnia ( sleeplessness), hypersomnia (sleeping too much) or somnolence ( sleepiness)! I think you will probably adjust to the tablets – give it another week or so. If you are taking it in the evening, switch to taking it in the morning.

1
Posted by: terryn | 2009/03/31

hi, when i was pregnant i had terribly high blood pressure. i have been on zetomax for the last 18 months. my husband and i are wanting another child. but the doctor i go to is not prepared to give me a blood pressure tablet that is safe for pregnancy. i have also read that it seems to be quite a hectic drug to take. i never had high blood pressure before my son was born. i was a regular blood donor and i was always prefect with my blood pressure. at 30 weeks i was placed in hospital with high blood pressure 188 over 144. i have since been fine, it is under control. but i do want to know what advice would you give when it comes to trying to fall pregnant on zetomax. thank regards terryn

Reply to terryn