Question
Posted by: tired and itchy | 2007/06/15

insomnia, rash & weird bleeding

Hi.
I've recently started taking medication to help me sleep (Nytol herbal) and soon after that, developed what seems like a rash on my tummy and legs. The area on my tummy is full of scabs and the rash on my legs itch constantly.
On Monday, I found some blood on my underwear which i thought was a sign of my periods. The problem is that its now Friday and the blood is still the same consistency and colour. (Sort of thick and a dark brown colour)
I know its not weird for your blood to be that colour when you're menstruating,usually towards the end, but this has been going on for 5 days.
Could my lack of sleep be the cause of this bleeding?

Dear Tired and itchy
I think you should stop the Nytol - it may be causing an eczema. Ask your doctor to prescribe you some Aterax at night 25 mg - it will help for the itch and the sleeplessness. I don't think the spotting of the periods has something to do with the insomnia or the itching - it may be hormone related. Your doctor can give you tablets to stop the bleed.