Question
Posted by: Moony | 2004/11/03

insomnia, backpain and headaches

I've been having trouble sleeping for about 6 years now. It started when I was 14. Once I'm asleep I can sleep for hours on end but the trouble is falling asleep. It just doesnt want to happen. I'm very busy and active during the day (have two jobs) so I am extremely tired when I go to bed. But that is because I only get 4 hours or so a night. Also my back and neck is in a constant spasm. I go to the physio twice a month but the pain comes back a few days after the session. What can I do? I can't continue being constantly tired and in pain. I've tried sleeping pills but the next day I'm drowsy and have a headache. Thats another thing. I have about 3 headaches a week. Its very abnormal for a 20 year old to get so many headaches. Help please!!!

Moony, from this side of the screen it sounds like the problem is that you work too hard and play too little. I wrote something on sleeping problems a while ago and if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you a copy. Read it and let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.