Question
Posted by: sleepless | 2005/07/21

insomnia and fear of having to wake up the next morning

For quite a while I am suffering from insomia but at the same time am afraid to have to wake up the following morning. Is this a mental illness and what are the causes?

This isn't any specific mental illness, but it may well be worthwhile to see a good local shrink for amcheckup and assessment, anyway, as they could help you deal with the insomnia

1
Posted by: Eyes | 2005/07/21

What exactly are you afraid of? The way I see it, one of two things could happen:

1. You don't wake up at all in which case you don't have to worry 'cause you wouldn't even know.

2. You wake up only to find that you will reach the end of the day being afraid to wake up the next morning.

My advice: don't worry. You need sleep and you are going to have to sleep some time so you might as well enjoy it.

On a more serious note, maybe you need to find out what it is exactly that is bothering you and go from there. Sleep is a vital part of life and your body needs it in order to function properly.

Reply to Eyes