Question
Posted by: DJ | 2004/11/08

Insomnia

I always loved my sleep! I could fall a sleep any time of the day. If I’m a sleep a bomb could literally go off next to me and I will not wake up.

But for the last 3 months I battle to fall asleep. I average between 2 to 3 hours sleep a DAY! Waking up during the knight.
I do not wake up feeling very tiered but in the afternoon I can feel it’s getting to me but after one of two hours I’m fine. When I go to bed (usually at 1:00 or 2:00 in the mornings that’s when I feel I have to fall a sleep or ells) it feels like my brain is going to explode with all the stuff going on. It’s like 3 movies playing at the same time in my head. I start thinking about my business, familie, husband and animals.

I have epilepsy and no depression. I do not want to use sleeping tablet because those stuff are not good at all.

Please help! my health is deteriorating by the day!

Anxiety . stress often leads to difficulty in getting to sleep ( depression usually has one dropping off fine, and waking too early in the morning ). Do you have to stau awake so late, rather than going to slep earlier in the night ? I assume your epilepsy is under proper control and has been checked on lately ? Occasionally it could contribute to this sort of problem. Worrying about not getting to sleep is often what actually keeps one awake. If after 10 minutes in bed you're not getting to sleep, do as Mindful suggests, and get up, walk around a little, maybe a boring chore, a glass of milk, TV's fine, especially if you can find something really boring to watch, then go back when you feel a bit drowsy. And if those worries and ideas start to sneak back into your mind to waken you, just swat them away like annoying flies, concentrate on relaxing all your body's muscles, area by area, and drift off.

2
Posted by: Susan | 2004/11/09

I use Restin it helps you to shut down. It is cheap and you can buy it from the pharmacy.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/11/08

Hi DJ,

I have found that walking around a little when I've woken up to help. I'll go drink a glass of water (or milk) too and i've found sleep comes a little easier. It doesn't work every time though! Most times I just switch on the telly and set it to swtich off automatically - but I've heard that's not a good thing to do. Good luck!

Reply to Mindful