Posted by: Exhausted | 2004/10/06


Hi Doc

I have been suffering from insomnia for close on a year now. I have been to my GP who prescribed sleeping tablets as well as Cilift. I could not continue the Cilift because taking them resulted in severe depression (I was not depressed to start off with). Within a day of stopping the Cilift I mood returned to normal. I am actually not sure what type of doctor I should be seeing for this problem. I am sure it is stress related since I lie awake thinking about work mostly. Should I be going back to my GP or perhaps bring in the big guns like a psychiatrist perhaps?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Exhausted, if it is due to stress, the best would be to see a psychologist as he will be able to teach you how to cope with your stress. If he can’t help the best would be to see a psychiatrist who will be able to give you drugs to help you cope. Good luck. .

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.