Question
Posted by: Exhausted | 2004/10/06

Insomnia

I have been suffering from insomnia for close on a year now. I have been to my GP who prescribed sleeping tablets as well as Cilift. I could not continue the Cilift because taking them resulted in severe depression (I was not depressed to start off with). Within a day of stopping the Cilift I mood returned to normal. I am actually not sure what type of doctor I should be seeing for this problem. I am sure it is stress related since I lie awake thinking about work mostly. Should I be going back to my GP or perhaps bring in the big guns like a psychiatrist perhaps?

Exhausted, if it is due to stress, the best would be to see a psychologist as he will be able to teach you how to cope with your stress. If he can’t help the best would be to see a psychiatrist who will be able to give you drugs to help you cope. Good luck. .