Question
Posted by: Prilly | 2004/11/17

insimination

Hi Doc,

I am stressing here, I have had a few miscarraiges before. On monday and tuesday I had an insimination done. I have got cramps and sometimes are really sore. Is this normal?

I also still smoke but am trying to quit. Doctor said that to cut down to about seven a day for a biginning is better than nothing. Yesterday i stopped for 4 hours and started again.

I would like to know if the cramps are from insimination, or could I be 1/2 days pereggies, and the smoke is giving cramps

Some cramping is normal after an insemination. You can only test for pregnancy in 10-14 days.

2
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/18

Prilly,

I had 5 IUI's. The cramping is normal and subsides within 24 hours after the insemmination. The sperm from insemmination adheres to the sides of the uterus and can not "fall out", so you cna continue with your daily routine. Smoking does lower your fertility so try and reduce or quit altogether.

You will only know if you are pregnant after the blood test if you haven't started your period before then. Good luck!

Reply to Golly
Posted by: BABIE | 2004/11/17

Hi, I went throough the same process last month but it did not work. It feels very uncomfortable and it makes one feel restless, give it a few days, you'll be fine. I was supposed to go for my second one this month but my hubby did not agree and suggested that we try it naturally.

Reply to BABIE