Question
Posted by: bekommerd | 2007/07/18

insemination

hi i'm new with this kind of thing in october I'm going for insemination "sperm donor" dr is going to give me clomid to drink before that and i am on glucophase how are they doing insemination is it sore or what and what is diffrence with that and artificial insimination

Dear bekommerd

Intra-uterine insemination and artificial insemination are basically one and the same. It is in terms of discomfort very similar to having a papsmear done.

7
Posted by: bekommerd | 2007/07/20

Hi Dalila
I told my hubby last night about the Infertility support on website and he is glad because the people who is not going through this will not know what we going through sometimes i talk to my mother in law about this because my mom passed away and she does not want to accept that her son's sperm count is zero good luck i will keep you up to date please keep up to date also

Reply to bekommerd
Posted by: Dalila | 2007/07/19

Hey Bekommerd. Chat to me on Infertility Support. Im doing IUI with Donor Sperm.
I did it 2 months ago and I had a "very early miscarriage" (I cant think of the medical term for that now...)
Anyways - Its a little uncomfortable and I had to lie on my back for 30 min. Dr put me on Fertomid, Gonal F Injections, Estrofem tablets and Im getting the trigger shot some time next week.
Insamination is +/- 36 hours later (I think)

Shame man - Good Luck. Im on my second try now ... its nice to chat to people in the same boat k.
God Bless!

Reply to Dalila
Posted by: bekommerd | 2007/07/19

will pray for u hold my thumbs and toes and everything together

Reply to bekommerd
Posted by: k | 2007/07/19

pray for me guys also going for insemination next week, but with hubby's sperm, i hope it works first time, also heard its not sore

Reply to k
Posted by: bekommerd | 2007/07/19

thanks i'm so glad that i can talk to somebody about this sometimes people who dont have this problem dont know what we going through the other day while i was talking on the phone discussing the sperm doner with the clinic one lady in the office listen in on my convesation and afterwards ask me why do i want to do this because it is wrong if u cant use your husband's sperm life with it i told her it's got nothing to do with her and stay out of my way because she hurt my feelings in a bad way my hubby said i must tell her to mind her own bussines

Reply to bekommerd
Posted by: rent | 2007/07/18

Wow S, i am so happy for you!!! congrats.. Bekommerd, i had it done 8 years ago and i am going again by the end of the year. it is not painfull at all - you must just make sure you are relaxed..

And above all, i wish you the best of luck xx

Reply to rent
Posted by: stupid | 2007/07/18

Hi bekommered,

I`ve just done the same thing. The semen came from a donor. I was on clomid and about a day before ovulation I went for a sonar to see how big the follicles were. The next day the intra uterine insemination was done. It was not painful at all. The gynae did it in his rooms. It is like a pap smear and over in 5 minutes. Afterwards I just had to lie on my side for 5 minutes. I was lucky the first time and I`m pregnant.
Hope this help.

Reply to stupid