Posted by: Insecure | 2008/08/11

Insecurity destroying my marriage

I have posted earlier today and I tried to make an appointment to see a pscycologist. I am so sad. I dont know where to start. I am so insecure and this is causing a lot of problems in my marriage. We can' t go out with friends who has g/f or I will freak out and be all jealous. I know I am wrong and I have tried to be a better person, but I just can' t seem to be. I need help. I have finally made the decision to seek help, but I dont think hubby will like it if I see a cousellor. He thinks only crazy people see cousellors. I cant stop crying even though I' m at work. I have so many issues and I want to sort it out. I love hubby and I will do anything for him. And I know I need to do this. Please give me some advise.

OK, it makes excellent sense for you to see a psychologist / counsellor yourself, and to consider marriage counselling together. Its nonsense for any husband to "not like it" if his wife sees a counsellor to deal,with problems she is experiencing --- maybe he'd prefer marriage counselling done together, if he is perhaps worried about whatever you might be saying to the counsellor when he is not present ?
And its crazy for people NOT to see a counsellor when they need one ! And don't run yourself down so much. Whatever the problems are, it doesn't sound as though he's helping much at present.